The Center for Service and Learning offers one-on-one consultations where we can help you find the right service site and/or assist with navigating iServe. Consultations are designed for anyone looking to get further involved in the community, it does not matter if you are an undergraduate, graduate student or staff on campus. We want to be sure you have a service experience that is positive and works for you!
You will meet individually with someone from the iServe team to talk about your interests, skills and goals to help direct you to an opportunity that meets your needs.
To schedule an appointment, please fill out the consultation form and someone from the iServe team will contact you.
In order to better prepare for your consultation here are some tips:
Arrive on time
- If you have to cancel, make sure to contact the CSL and let us know.
- Know your goals for the appointment: Do you want to find regular service for the semester? Does your service group need a new project? Are you concerned with continuing service post-graduation?
- Know your time commitment
Think about what how you want to have an impact
- Do you want to work with kids? Have you always wanted to help animals? Or do you see yourself helping out at a local garden? Do you you want to take leadership in addressing a social justice issue?
Follow through/Stay motivated
- These appointments are going to give you resources to go out into the community and find your next service project. It’s up to you to follow through with that.
Keep in touch
- The CSL wants your volunteering to be successful. If you have any other questions, let us know! You can come in for another appointment or speak directly with us through email or phone.