Sport & Exercise Psychology
Steps for Service Placement
- Visit http://iserve.wvu.edu
- Use a unique username and password during registration.
- You may only sign-up for opportunities that are approved for Sport & Exercise Psychology. This is indicated with each opportunity, at the bottom of the detail page under “Specific Program Approval”. You can also search for opportunities approved for Sport & Exercise Psychology.
- Sign-up for as many opportunities as you like.
- You will receive an email confirming your placement each time you sign-up.
- Complete service hours at sites you’ve signed-up for in iServe.
- Log into your account at http://iserve.wvu.edu.
- Click on Report My Service.
- Fill out all information regarding your service.
- Be sure to pick Sport & Exercise Psychology as “Reason for Service” from the drop-down list.
- Once verified, the hours will be added to your logbook.
- If you need any help, please refer to the “ Detailed Instructions for Students” first. If you still have a question or need guidance, feel free to contact the Center for Service and Learning by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 304-293-8761.
The CSL will notify the Sport and Exercise Psychology department of your completed service hours prior to your expected graduation date.
Other Important Information
- Changes to the policy for SEP service hours posted here are effective November 1, 2013.
- Hours are never to be completed at the same location as the student’s field placement.
- Activities must be completed through iServe with a non-profit, public, faith-based, or governmental organization approved by the CSL, and never with a for-profit business.
- Students must complete 50 hours of community service prior to graduation.
- Service hours MUST be completed through iServe. No prior completed hours will be added to your logbook.
- Service hours MUST be reported in iServe no more than 12 months from the date they were completed.
- Students who would like to complete service hours at a site not listed on iServe should contact the CSL for instructions PRIOR to completing any hours. The CSL can provide instructions for the prospective organization about how to create an iServe account. No hours completed by the student prior to the registration and approval of that organization with iServe will be eligible to count towards the Exercise Physiology graduation requirement. Please email email@example.com for assistance.