Partners Resource Page
This page contains resources for our official community and campus partners for whom we have a memorandum of understanding on file. If you represent a community organization or campus unit and would like to explore a partnership with the CSL, contact Catherine Whitworth, email@example.com (304) 293-8347.
Access your Partner Benefits!
- Check out upcoming professional development and networking events!
- Share an announcement with the WVU Community about an event or special volunteer opportunity: Announcement Form
- Free Classified Ads! Do you have a service, opportunity, or event you want to share with students? Our official non-profit community partners can run a free classified ad in the Daily Athenaeum, WVU's Independent Newspaper! 40 word limit. Send to DA-Classifieds@mail.wvu.edu and be sure to identify yourself as a partner of the Center for Service and Learning.
- Board Service: Would you like to invite WVU Staff, Faculty, Graduate or Law Students to serve on your board? We will help get the word out. Board Member Request Form
- Mountainlair Rooms: Our Official Community Partners may be able to use rooms in the Mountainlair at little or no cost; subject to space availability and policies: Submit a Mountainlair Reservation Request
- Connect with an Athletic Team: Would you enjoy having a WVU Varsity Athletic Team serve at your site or special event? Request Service from an Athletic Team!
- WVU Surplus Items Available. Official CSL Community Non-Profit Partners may Opt-In to be Offered Items from WVU Surplus!
Federal Work Study Community Placements: Students eligible for a federal work-study award from WVU may be recruited to work at vetted 501.c.3 Non-Profits at no cost to the organization. This program is managed by the WVU Student Employment Office. Most CSL Non-profit partners are eligible as placement sites. Learn more about the program and contact Candi.Frazier@mail.wvu.edu for more information.
- Find a funding opportunity! Through our Partnership with WVU Libraries, during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Foundation Center Online has made FDO Essentials grants database available to our partners through an encrypted link. Penny Pugh, our talented WVU librarian invites you to contact her for any questions and is available to meet with you virtually to go over the system. Just email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the link or to set up a meeting. Campus partners and WVU students have access, via the campus library system, to the professional version of the Foundation Directory Online with their WVU login credentials.
- Post Internship or Job Opportunities on Handshake - Contact Rachael.Conrad@mail.wvu.edu if you have questions after reviewing the Get Started Guide.
- Don't miss out on invitations and opportunities due to a staffing or role change! Send us a Contact Info Update Form
Guides and Tools
CSL Partner Training Slide Show Updated Jan. 2019
- WVU Volunteer Sign-In Sheet
- Partner Program Memorandum of Understanding
You will receive electronic versions of these documents when you work with a group of service-learning students from a WVU course.
- Service-Learning Contract (Example)
- Service-Learning Evaluation (Example)
- Service-Learning Project Descriptions - PDF
- How to post potential service-learning projects - PDF
Service Learning Articles
- Does Service Learning Really Help? - PDF
- Breaking Ground- Engaging Undergrads in Service Learning - PDF
- Whom Does Service Learning Really Serve? - PDF