Partners Resource Page
This page contains resources for our official community and campus partners for whom we have a memorandum of understanding on file. If you represent a community organization or campus unit and would like to explore a partnership with the CSL, contact Catherine Whitworth, firstname.lastname@example.org (304) 293-8347.
Access your Partner Benefits!
- Check out upcoming professional development and networking events!
- Share an announcement with the WVU Community about an event or special volunteer opportunity: Announcement Form
- Free Classified Ads! Do you have a service, opportunity, or event you want to share with students? Our official non-profit community partners can run a free classified ad in the Daily Athenaeum, WVU's Independent Newspaper! 40 word limit. Send to DA-Classifieds@mail.wvu.edu and be sure to identify yourself as a partner of the Center for Service and Learning.
- Board Service: Would you like to invite WVU Staff, Faculty, Graduate or Law Students to serve on your board? We will help get the word out. Board Member Request Form
- Mountainlair Rooms: Our Official Community Partners may be able to use rooms in the Mountainlair at little or no cost; subject to space availability and policies: Submit a Mountainlair Reservation Request
- Connect with an Athletic Team: Would you enjoy having a WVU Varsity Athletic Team serve at your site or special event? Request Service from an Athletic Team!
- WVU Surplus Items Available. Official CSL Community Non-Profit Partners may Opt-In to be Offered Items from WVU Surplus!
Federal Work Study Community Placements: Students eligible for a federal work-study award from WVU may be recruited to work at vetted 501.c.3 Non-Profits at no cost to the organization. This program is managed by the WVU Student Employment Office. Most CSL Non-profit partners are eligible as placement sites. Learn more about the program and contact Candi.Frazier@mail.wvu.edu for more information.
Find a funding opportunity! Visit the WVU Downtown Library for full access to the Foundation Directory Online Professional Version grantseeking database. WVU Campus Partners have online access; community partners must access through the library. Contact Alyssa.Wright@mail.wvu.edu for more information or for help in using the system.
- Post Internship or Job Opportunities on Handshake - Contact Rachael.Conrad@mail.wvu.edu if you have questions after reviewing the Get Started Guide.
- Don't miss out on invitations and opportunities due to a staffing or role change! Send us a Contact Info Update Form
Guides and Tools
CSL Partner Training Slide Show Updated Jan. 2019
- WVU Volunteer Sign-In Sheet
- Partner Program Memorandum of Understanding
You will receive electronic versions of these documents when you work with a group of service-learning students from a WVU course.
- Service-Learning Contract (Example)
- Service-Learning Evaluation (Example)
- Service-Learning Project Descriptions - PDF
- How to post potential service-learning projects - PDF
Service Learning Articles
- Does Service Learning Really Help? - PDF
- Breaking Ground- Engaging Undergrads in Service Learning - PDF
- Whom Does Service Learning Really Serve? - PDF