Human Nutrition & Foods
Steps of Action
- Choose a community agency from the list or in class.
- Make an appointment at the Center for Civic Engagement to pick up your forms.
- Contact your community agency and make an interview appointment.
- Fill out the PINK project acceptance form at the agency and return it to the CCE.
- Begin and complete your 50 hours according to your syllabus guidelines.
- Return your FINAL grade form to the CCE or your instructor.
Civic Engagement Project (from syllabus)
- 20 hours on site volunteering in order to evaluate the nutrition needs and opportunities. Report: agencies’ mission population, and offered programs. Identify a program need.
- 20 hours working on development of action plan for agency and clients. Report: Outline of project. Project Ideas: develop nutrition education tools; plan an educational event at site: a recipe demo or a tasting party. Cook with the participants; promote physical activity by planning nutrition themed games. Enhance an existing agency program. Participate in agency’s programming such as a food drive and also develop a tool: hints to lower sodium, easy recipes using donated foods.
- 1 hour presenting the action plan to agency. Acceptance report of activity.
- 5 hours modifying project and assisting with program development and implementation at site.
- 1 hour final evaluation meeting with staff of agency (at site).
- 3 hours preparing report for class.
- A minimum of 25 hours at site, 50 hours total.